A little about me
Hi my name is Sharon Lagden. I am a Professional counsellor based on the Sunshine Coast specialising in grief and loss, relationships, stress and anxiety, counselling for depression and cancer support.
I have a wealth of experience and a passion for helping others. As a Professional Counsellor I want to help those who have lost their way and help them to regain their sense of self and live the life that they deserve.
Talking to a Professional Counsellor can have many positive benefits and can change your life. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
If this sounds like you, then call me, we can start the journey together.
I SPECIALISE IN
Grief and Loss
Stress and Anxiety
As a professionally trained and qualified Counsellor, I believe its important to be affiliated with professional counselling bodies. I am a member of the following counselling organizations. These bodies continually provide support to all counsellors as mentors and to improve counselling skills and follow a strict code of counselling ethics.
- Member of Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC)
- Member of Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) Provider
DIP. Professional Counsellor – Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC).
Majors in Grief and Loss (AIPC)
Majors in Relationship and Conflict Resolution (AIPC)
For 35 years of my working life I worked in IT, for 10 of those years I was an IT Project Manager. But since being diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2009, I decided to de-stress my life and find a new direction. I have always been a caring empathetic person and so decided to re-train as a counsellor.
I was born in the UK, lived in France, Sydney and then the Sunshine Coast. I have been happily married for the last 24 years, to my husband Kevin.
My life has given me so many experiences, which I believe has shaped me into the person I am today.
- Volunteer Bloomhill Cancer Help – Since May 2013
- Volunteer Cancer Council Sunshine Coast- Wig Fitting and Turban Service – Since April 2014
- Volunteer Sunshine Coast Hospice (Katie Rose Cottage)- Since February 2015
- Breast Cancer Survivor (10 years)
- Member of the Breast Cancer Network Australia since 2009 (BCNA)
- Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) preferred services supplier since August 2015
- Member of Cansurvive, Cancer Support Group in Nambour since October 2015
- Volunteer Lifeline – From May 2013 – April 2014
- Volunteer Beautiful You Cancer Charity – From May 2013 – April 2014
If you need to chill, chat and relax with me I can also offer an outdoor setting overlooking the gardens.